List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A bag with recurring tasks
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-23 19:01:48

On Monday 11 September 2006 09:06, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Domingo 10 Setembro 2006 04:37, Victor Zabavin escreveu:
> >    Hi, all!
> >
> >    Does anyone use recurring to-do's in KOrganizer? In latest versions
> > of KOrganizer there is a bug with them . Let's say, I have a recurring
> > to-do, scheduled on every Thursday. And in "Calendar" the "Day view" or
> > "Week view" mode is switched on. And I see my task in green. Now I mark
> > the task as completed. It's still green. But on the other day, the task
> > is marked in red, as overdued, though both the start day and due day of
> > this recurring task are only after a week.
> >    There was no such a bug in KOrganizer version 1.0.2 (KDE 3.3), but it
> > is in versions 1.1.2 (KDE 3.4) and 1.2 (KDE 3.5). I'd like it to be
> > fixed in next versions, it's practically impossible to use  recurring
> > tasks because of it.
>
> Agree, I have the same problem here. Filling a bug about it is in my to-do
> list :)
> After the first occurrence of the recurring to-do task, it will always appear
> red, overdued, in "day view" and "week view". I have lots of recurring tasks
> and, as you say, it's to difficult to use them because every day the calendar
> shows me a lot of overdued tasks and I can't easily distinguish the ones that
> are in fact overdued from those which are incorrectly shown as such.

Victor, Marcelo,

   We like to keep kde-pim@kde.org for developers]]

I will commit a patch to fix this issue today.  So, you will need to upgrade to KDE 3.5.5
when it comes out in a few weeks to get the fix.

I don't see that anyone put in a real Bug Report about this issue.  Please remember to
report bugs to bugs.kde.org.  We developers tend to forget about bugs reported in email.
I just happened to be cleaning-up old mail when I came upon this thread.

Regards,
Allen