List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KABC AddressbookChanged signal
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-18 5:57:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 07:50:03PM +0700, Robin Atwood wrote:
Hi Robin,

> I have just been revisiting an old application of mine which opens the Kabc address book.
> I notice that when I update the address book  in Kontact and save it, I no longer receive an
> AddressbookChanged signal in my application. The difference is that I now use LDAP as the
> back-end to Kabc.
The addressbook changed signal is only implemented in the file resource,
since the other resource types do not support change notifications.

There are some convenience cases where this signal is emitted as well,
e.g. if a reload is triggered manually.

This limited behaviour will be fixed in akonadi.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!