List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KABC AddressbookChanged signal
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2006-09-17 12:50:03

I have just been revisiting an old application of mine which opens the Kabc address book.
I notice that when I update the address book  in Kontact and save it, I no longer receive an
AddressbookChanged signal in my application. The difference is that I now use LDAP as the
back-end to Kabc. When I select the file-resource and save that, I do receive the signal. I thought
this must be a restriction of using LDAP, yet when I manually trigger an address book load in
my application, I get the changes I saved to the LDAP server! I had a look at the AddressBook
class doco and cannot see anything new. Is this a permanent restriction or possibly an
oversight...?

TIA
Robin Atwood