List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Updated XML-RPC Client Library
From:       Christian Weilbach <christian () whiletaker ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2006-08-23 8:44:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> > Well I think it would make sense to have one library for the APIs talking
> > to the server and one for the blogging APIs on top of that library, e.g.
> > libsyndication has atom api, xmlrpc, ... stuff and libblogging has
> > MetaWeblog API, Blogger API, modified versions of that...
>
> For the XML-RPC and Atom API parts, I would like to keep that separated
> from libsyndication. I am willing to adapt libsyndication where needed so
> that a blogging library can build on top of it, but I don't like to
> integrate it directly into libsyndication (as the main purpose of
> libsyndication is still feed parsing, and not blog management or
> communication with web services).
No, I don't mean that. I mean a simple *g* kio-slave for atom api
communication to a server. Nothing blog-specific. It should be similar to the
XML-RPC library/slave for convenience.

> Without having studied Atom API and other blogging APIs in detail, I would
> propose following separation:
>
> kxmlrpc: well, XML-RPC support
> libsyndication: parsing and possibly modification of feeds
> [lib]kblog: Atom API using libsyndication for assembling requests and
> parsing responses and http slave for communication; other APIs using
> XML-RPC, whatever.
>
> Dependency graph:
>
>         --------------
>
>         | [lib]kblog |
>
>         --------------
>
>       ---------------------
>
>       V                   V
> -----------        ------------------
>
> | kxmlrpc |        | libsyndication |

> Does that make sense to you?
This makes sense to me, but without having had a look at libsyndication yet, I
propose extending as needed.

Christian

--
My blog: http://whiletaker.homeip.net