List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC] Akonadi design
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-18 13:07:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 11:46 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 11:16, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 10:29 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> > > Wouldn't it be cleaner to have the filters as a separate client?
> > > So the POP or IMAP clients just puts data into the storage, the
> > > filter filters it from there and KMail or any other client then
> > > accesses the filtered data?
> >
> > How would that work? Let's say a new message arrives in the IMAP
> > inbox. Akonadi informs all clients, i.e. the filter client and
> > KMail, that there's a new message in the inbox. The filter client
> > will then process this message and move it to folder foo. Then
> > Akonadi will inform all clients that a message vanished from inbox
> > and appeared in folder foo. That doesn't sound like the way to go.
>
> I think we need a notification subscription mechanism anyway, so
> KMail would not get the notification from the IMAP inbox.

I guess you mean a special "raw", as you called it, inbox folder because
KMail does of course need to get notifications for the normal IMAP
inbox (because some messages might not be filtered to other folders).

Or do you want the filter (instead of the IMAP resource resp. the
Akonadi server) to send notifications to KMail?

Regards,
Ingo