List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC] Akonadi design
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-05-17 14:56:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 15 May 2006 14:37, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 02:17:26PM +0200, Volker Krause wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 May 2006 11:56, Tobias K˙fffff6nig wrote:
>
> Hi Volker,
>
> > I meant filters in the sense of kmail's filtering system, not in the
> > sense of "view filters" or virtual folders.
> >
> > Filters in the kmail sense basically mean operations you want to perform
> > on incoming items, such as moving them into a diffrent folder, tagging
> > them or running mails through spamassassin.
>
> These filters are only applyed to incoming (incoming as downloaded from
> pop3/imap server) messages?
> In this case they should be part of the pop3/imap resource and the
> 'filtered' mails shall be stored in the storage.

KMail's filters can be applied manually as well. And one can have one filter
matching mails from different servers.

Use cases from the user support front:

Match some criteria for sorting into subfolders. (Obvious case, though people
would like to use IMAP folders as target as well. usually tell them to us
dimap then)

Match certain senders, independent from incoming server, and play a
sound/notifcation

Match a single target mailbox and play a sound/notifcation.

Match anything but do only apply manually.
One user asked how to export all selected messages to a database. He
successfully completed that task by creating such a "match-all" filter and
using the filter option to pipe the mails through an executable.
He would've like to have a keyboard accelerator for it but settled with a
toolbar button.

Cheers,
Kevin
--