List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Proposal: New module "kdepimlibs"
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-22 21:08:15

On Saturday 22 April 2006 22:37, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 22. April 2006 21:15 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Saturday 22 April 2006 15:16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > So IMHO even if the libs end up in kdepim/libs, any release should be
> > > two separate source archvie files.
> >
> > Yes, and IMHO we'll have to do this for kdebase too -
> > two or three packages, from one initial module - so it wouldn't be a
> > problem to have kdepim/libs and kdepim/apps.
>
> And the kdebase developers are okay with the fact that kdebase/applications
> then would depend on kdepim/libs? (The kicker clock applet wants to use
> holidays... and maybe even calendar data)

Yes, I think we need a clear policy about dependencies between modules and
having libs subdirectories on which other modules can depend might make this
more confusing.

Having kdepimlibs as top-level module would support a clear policy: Everything
depends on kdelibs, applications can depend on kdepimlibs.

If other modules also split up libraries for general use, e.g.
kdemultimedialibs we might consider to introduce a policy that these module
libraries should only depend on kdelibs, but not on other module libraries
(we can always move code that is that widely used to kdelibs itself).