List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Bug forwarding HTML messages
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-24 0:18:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 23 December 2005 14:43, thorsten@staerk.de wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 December 2005 07:30, Holger Mueller wrote:
> >> For me forwarding HTML messages works since KDE 3.5 (kmail 1.9.1).
> >> It works as well as for HTML-only and HTML/plain-mixed messages.
> >
> > Great.
> >
> >> But I would prefer HTML messages stay HTML when forwarding (not
> >> converted to plain text) ...
> >
> > Unfortunately that's currently impossible for technical reasons.
>
> Are you aware what that means in a business context ?

I don't care. If someone has a problem with this then they'll have to
pay someone to implement this. See for example
http://www.kontact.org/shopping/.

The German BSI needed some enhancements in KMail/Kontact and instead of
bitching around on our mailing list they contracted a few companies to
implement those enhancements. That's how software development works,
even in the Free Software department. You want something, you pay for
it (or you do it yourself which you can do because it's Free Software).
If you don't want to pay for it and can't/don't want to do it yourself
then you'll have to file a wish and wait (don't hold your breath) until
someone feels like implementing it (if ever).

> I get an HTML mail saying "click here", and it is an important link
> that I want to forward. But when forwarding it, it reads "click <a
> href=blabla>here</a>".

It should actually read "click here" (with all HTML tags removed). And
AFAIU Holger's message it does work like this for him in KDE 3.5.

> My Outlook-colleagues won't understand this.
> Now I can "take a bit of time to get it right" - but in daily
> business, there is so much I need to "take a bit of time" for :)
>
> So, let's take a vast amount of time and fix it

Be our guest and try to fix it. I have far more important things to work
on in my precious spare time.

> - first question:
> Didn't that HTML forwarding work with an older version ?

No, it did never work (which isn't entirely true because forwarding as
attachment did and does always work, but it seems you don't want to use
this) and it will never work unless you replace the text editor in
composer by a full featured HTML editor. Currently we use QTextEdit
which supports RichText but not even something like links. That's why I
wrote that it's "currently impossible for technical reasons".

Regards,
Ingo