List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Bug forwarding HTML messages
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-14 20:41:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 November 2005 21:28, Holger Mueller wrote:
> On Sunday 13 November 2005 15:39, you wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 November 2005 08:51, Holger Mueller wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just found a bug with kmail 1.8.3 which can not forward a HTML
> > > message (just HTML without plain text) correctly. In the message
> > > composer I get the message including all the HTML code. When
> > > sending the content type is set to text/plain so everything gets
> > > broken for the receiver as well. If I set this message to
> > > text/html (by adding some HTML formated text) all the forwarded
> > > HTML code gets converted to e.g. &lt;br&gt; So same result.
> > >
> > > I do not know since when this bug is in but as far as I remember
> > > this bug did not happen with kmail from KDE 3.4.0.
> >
> > I can't reproduce with the current development version. Make sure
> > that you view the message as HTML message if you don't want to have
> > raw HTML code in your reply/forwarded message. If you see the raw
> > HTML code in the preview pane, then you'll also get it in the
> > reply/forwarded message.
> >
> > If this doesn't work for you then file a bug at bugs.kde.org with
> > detailed description and example messages exhibiting the problem.
>
> My preview is ok. Kmail says that it is a HTML message. If I view the
> Mail source I can see that it is a no multi-part message with only
> one Content-type: text/html. Otherwise Kmail always uses the
> text/plain part of the message (as Reinhold Kainhofer wrote). This
> might be the problem. If you like I can send you a test mail from my
> company account (they use Lotus Notes). I do not know how to produce
> a text/html-only message with Kmail (to reproduce this on your own).

It's of course impossible to produce text/html-only messages with KMail.
But I do have enough text/html-only spam messages for testing purposes
and I couldn't reproduce the problem with those messages. Nevertheless
it's possible that for some reason it's broken in KMail 1.8.3. I'll try
to check this tomorrow.

Regards,
Ingo