List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] icaldir Proposal
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-19 22:17:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 22:54, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2005 22:25 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > > II.B.) The vcalendar_header file
> > >
> > >     This stores any iCalendar header information that comes
> > >     before the iCalendar objects start; for example,
> > >
> > >         BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> > >         CALSCALE: GREGORIAN
> > >         X-WR-TIMEZONE; VALUE=TEST:US/Pacific
> >
> > How can this file be changed? Or should it remain static after the
> > creation of the icaldir?
>
> RFC 2445 currently specifies that only GREGORIAN is a valid value for
> CALSCALE. It was intended to allow other calendar systems to be used
> for date/time values, but noone has started a standard to define such
> extensions. And the X-WR-TIMEZONE is a custom field anyway.
>
> But you're missing
> PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML KOrganizer 3.3//EN

Since the point of icaldir is that several different applications access
the same icaldir the PRODID doesn't make much sense because the event
files are not created by a single application (contrary to ics where
the file is created by one application and probably overwritten by
another, but still the complete file is each time written by only one
app).

> VERSION:2.0

I don't know what VERSION means but if it's indicates the version of the
iCalendar format that's used in the ics file then this information
probably has to be duplicated in all event files because different apps
might create event files with different versions of the iCalendar
format.

Yes, this will result in a lot of duplication of VERSION strings. If
anyway almost exclusively version 2.0 is used then this version can
simply be used as default and the VERSION:2.0 can be omitted.

Regards,
Ingo