List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kpilot on fc4
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 8:39:59

On Monday 25 July 2005 09:46, Andrew Otte wrote:
> used yum to uninstall pilot link 0.12preX - it took kdepim with it.
> Downloaded and installed pilot link 0.11.8 ( ./configure, make, make
> install) worked without error.
> reinstalled kdepim but pilot link 0.12 is a dependency so used nodeps.
> kdepim will not run says libpisock.so.9 is missing (comes with pilot link
> 0.12).

See the very recent message on kde-pim from Emmanuel with subject line
"[Kde-pim] Successfully synchronizing KPilot/Palm on FC4" (i you don't have
it, take a look at lists.kde.org for the archives).

> uninstalled kdepim again
> downloaded kdepim sources from a link supplied by Rex D.
> tried to build but got an error that GCC has been blacklisted.
> Now I do not know what to do.

I don't use FC4 so I can't really help you with the particulars there - except
to repeat that FC4 is a steaming pile of dingo's kidneys for expressly
packaging something the software authors WARNED ABOUT IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS
wasn't ready for packaging.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot