List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some random notes about KOrg Docs
From:       Marek Laane <bald () starman ! ee>
Date:       2005-06-29 12:43:30

Ühel kaunil päeval (kolmapäev, 29. juuni 2005 15:32) kirjutas Reinhold
Kainhofer:

> Actually, I doubt that the translation would be different. The changes are
> merely replacing one english word by a more common and better-sounding
> synonym in the english version. It's just that I don't want all translators
> to have a lot of extra work due to this change. Thus my question if the
> i18n tools are smart enough to keep the translation if the original string
> changes.
>
> Reinhold

Alas, probably not. If You change something, it would be marked as "fuzzy" at
best (when there is sentence or something) or untranslated (when only one
word), and it means translators just have to check what is changed and how it
affects existing translation. So, even when You change only one word to
another, translators have work to do... (but maybe it helps to discover some
unnoticed errors in translations or make translations better, so it is not
necessarily Bad Thing(tm) ... :-) :-) )

Marek Laane
Estonian translator