List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: KDE 3.5 release plan.
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-28 21:47:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 03:01, Don Sanders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone point me to the discussion where it was decided that
> kdepim would have a feature freeze on August 1?

We discussed this at the KDE PIM meeting in the Netherlands and we came
to the conclusion that we should start porting to Qt4 in Malaga because
there many people who did already port some code (in particular
kdelibs) will be available for answering any questions we might have.
Once porting has started most of us will no longer want to spend time
on fixing Qt3 code. The pragmatic solution we came up with (note, that
this isn't a decision which is set in stone) is to finish development
for KDE 3.5 before aKadamy. Obviously this implies that the feature
freeze has to be some weeks before aKadamy.

> It's a bit quick for me. I might make a standalone release of a
> modified Kontact/KMail with client side imap filtering in this case.

I don't understand. Didn't you already commit your changes? At least the
changes in the filter dialog are already in.

Regards,
Ingo