List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] I want to get involved into the KDE-PIM project
From:       Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-26 10:23:45

Somlyai Tamás, you wrote something like this:

Hi,

> Dear developers!
>
> I'm a 20 years old student from Hungary. I'm studying at a university as a
> programmer and also working as a journalist. My main interests are
> programming (because of the university) and mobile devices (my job), eg:
> mobile phones, pda computers, laptops. I want to get involved in the
> KDE-PIM project, and I am especially interested in kontact's mobile phone
> syncronization part. Can you tell me where can I start, and who should I
> contact with in this case?

First things first: welcome!

Just start where you like to work on. A good starting point is
http://bugs.kde.org, pick something you like. There's some developers
documentation on http://developer.kde.org .

Note that you should work with SVN, not with the sources of the 3.4.x release.
How to achieve this is explained on
http://developer.kde.org/source/anonsvn.html .

If you made some modification, please post them at this list first, so we can
have a look at it and commit it for you. When you're really getting into it,
e.g. you're producing many patches, I'd suggest to request a SVN-account
(which is not a hard process).

Good luck,

--
Bram Schoenmakers