List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPassivePopup issues
From:       Matt Douhan <matt () hasta ! se>
Date:       2005-05-29 14:14:03

Hey

I am wondering if there is a bug in KPassivePopup that makes it not respect
the setTimeout()

I am using the following code

void AddresseeEditorWidget::validateEmail()
{
  KPassivePopup *invalidpop = new KPassivePopup( this );
  QStringList list = mEmailWidget->emails();
  for( QStringList::const_iterator it = list.begin(); it != list.end(); ++it )
{
    if ( !KPIM::isValidSimpleEmailAddress( *it )) {
       QString errorMsg( KPIM::simpleEmailAddressErrorMsg());
       invalidpop->setTimeout( 1 );
       invalidpop->setAutoDelete( true );
       invalidpop->message( errorMsg, this );
       kdDebug() << " DEBUG INVALID EMAIL FIBBEL " << endl;
    }
  }
}

the timeout of 1 second is never adhered too, it is always the default timeout
of approx 5-6 seconds.

ANy ideas how I can make it respect the timeout ?

ALso calling invalidpop->hide() does not hide the popup either so something is
weird.

rgds

Matt

--