List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP namespaces
From:       Carsten Burghardt <burghardt () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-14 23:11:26

Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2005 23:14 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> The recent IMAP namespaces change / fix is .. confusing, to say the least,
> and utterly broken if I want to be nasty about it [1].

I already answered most of the question on kmail-devel I think but
nevertheless I try to give you more infos here.

> See, I _had_ a Folder Prefix set for my IMAP folders: Mail/ ; it even says
> so in the config file:
>
> prefix=/Mail/

There is no reliable way to transport this prefix from the old config to the
new namespace based config as the server can support more than one personal
namespace. Therefore I do not know what namespace should be mapped to this
prefix.

> Now, with today's HEAD KMail, that setting is silently dropped, and IMAP
> namespaces show up. These are weird things like #ftp and a tree widget in
> the config dialog, and the upshot is that instead of my prefix being used,
> _no_ prefix is used -- and due to the config of the IMAP servers I use,
> that means my entire home directory on those servers is read in. Let me
> tell you, kmail.core does not a pretty mbox make.

Then you have an UW-imap server which supports a whole list of namespaces and
all those show up. And if you have folders that reside under "#ftp" they will
show up in the foldertree under a folder "#ftp". If the namespace is empty it
will be ignored.
Your personal namespace is empty ("") and therefore you see all folders.
Change it to "Mail" by double clicking (do not use "/Mail/") and you're done.
If kmail already created a folder "Mail" your personal folders will be
created underneath it with the next listing. If you do not want this but want
them to show up in your toplevel (under the account folder) you'll have to
delete the account, create it again, edit the namespace (to Mail) and start a
new listing. Then your personal folders will be created in your toplevel. I
have the same config here so it works definitely ;-)

Carsten