List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Patch kabc email address validation
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-09 21:40:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 May 2005 09:19, Matt Douhan wrote:
> I am sort of hoping you guys will tell me I am wrong but it seems to
> me that many fields are saved for every char entered or deleted in
> the email address field, since save() is called on modified() for the
> email klineedit.

That's due to the contact editor extension which makes it possible to
easily edit contacts without opening a special dialog.

> This makes it impossible to properly validate the address in save()
> and I cannot find where the OK button is in the code, but also is it
> really necessary to save all those fields for every char in the
> email?

It should be sufficient to save the fields on focus out or even only
when a new contact is loaded into the contact editor extension or the
contact editor is destroyed.

Regards,
Ingo