List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kpilot not syncing
From:       Jad Naous <jnaous () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 23:42:52

On March 31, 2005 04:46 pm, you wrote:
> On Monday 28 March 2005 21:51, Jad Naous wrote:
> > >
> > > It might be useful to have a copy of KPilot compiled with debugging
> > > information (run kpilot --debug 1 to see if you've got one), that would
> > > give some more output on the console to look at. Most of the messages
> >
> > The permissions are set correctly in those files. and I'm using kde 3.4,
> > i ran knotes and synced (full sync) again, with debugging, but it only
> > synced the new notes on the palm (not for example the memos that come
> > builtin with the device: How to use graffiti, blah, blah,...)
>
> That's a separate issue, related to how KPilot gets very confused sometimes
> about what is going on.
>
> > The addressbook, and the
> > calendar and the mail are all still giving the same message as before. I
> > tried syncing the addressbook and the calendar to another file rather
> > than the standard stuff... didn't work either.
>
> Didn't work as in it gave the same "Conduit Addressbook could not be
> executed" message?
>
> > Here's another funny thing: I tried to sync with jpilot, it said that the
> > handheld had no valid user id, so I restored it using jpilot, setting the
> > user id to 1 and the user name to mine, and everything synced (well
> > everything in jpilot was empty, so basically my device is empty now). So
> > I tried to sync after this with kpilot, and it said that there is no
> > valid user name on the device.
>
> It might have been broken in 4.4.7, but if you set the username with jpilot
> then kpilot should at least have found that changed name.
>
> > I did a Hotsync first and nothing happened so I did a fullsync Here's the
> > debug log with --debug 1:
>
> Unfortunately the really interesting stuff comes from the daemon -- sorry,
> I should have said so earlier. Stop the daemon. Run it from a konsole with
> --debug 1, then do a hotsync (the kpilot application itself really isn't
> needed, it's just a clumsy viewer).
>
> The trace does show totally whacked out categories, that's for sure.
>
> You know, this looks like a hard problem to track down, since your system
> is behaving totally different from what I expect -- or what I see locally.
> And I really don't have much time to help figure out what's going on, so
> you are very much left to your own ingenuity on this one.

Interestingly, this whole problem was solved by deleting all the kpilot
configuration file from my home directory, and then reinstalling kpilot. It
now works. Btw, I'm interested in helping out with the project if you could
direct me to the quickest way to learn what has been done, and what needs to
be done...

Cheers,
Jad.