List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kpilot not syncing
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-28 13:15:09

On Monday 28 March 2005 08:41, Jad Naous wrote:
> I'm using Kpilot 4.50 compiled on gentoo. I'm also using udev. But I've set
> the owner of the USB devices as my username just in case. Now the problem s
> when I run kpilot as root, and I sync, everything runs normally. When I run
> it as the user, it says it can't execute some conduits. Can you please tell
> me if it's something wrong I've done? Here's the log I get:

It might be useful to have a copy of KPilot compiled with debugging
information (run kpilot --debug 1 to see if you've got one), that would give
some more output on the console to look at. Most of the messages that say a
conduit could not run look _really_ weird -- if knotes is running you should
surely be able to get the list of notes (or are you using KPilot 4.5 in a KDE
3.2 setting?). As for the others, I have no idea why opening the databases is
failing -- perhaps a permissions issue? Check that the files in the databases
directory (~/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/ and below) have a sensible owner and
permissions.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot