List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [UPDATE] libical 0.24
From:       Lutz Rogowski <Lutz () Rogowski ! info>
Date:       2005-03-27 22:19:08

Allen Winter wrote:

> I see a few differences between your libical-0.24 and mine.  Is that because one of our versions
> is newer or because you made local changes?   I picked up the RC4 version from sourceforge.
> Do you have code newer than that?

No, mine is the 0.24.

But I merged some (useful) changes/bugfixes from the libical version of the KDE cvs.

And maybe there are some fixes to make it compile on Windows as well.

In general you have to do a diff libical 0.24 / libical in KDE-Pim/Pi.
And apply the changes which makes sense to the new libical 0.24 in KDE cvs.

I believe I have merged libical version of the KDE cvs, version Juni 2004 and
the  libical 0.24
properly - but I may have overlooked something important.

And there are some more changes in the current libical in KDE cvs compared to
the current libical in KDE-Pim/Pi.
I think that changes should go in the new version as well.

>>If you have more questions - please ask!
>>

> I certainly will.  I haven't looked that closely at icalformatimpl.cpp but since you have
> a fork it will be more difficult to find the changes needed for libical-0.24.

Ok, a diff will not help.
But simply look at the corresponding methods where the compilation fails.
Because both version are storing incidences it should be not too difficult to
find the differences and apply them to libkcal.

  Lutz

--
Lutz@Rogowski.info
Phone / Fax: +49 700 ROGOWSKI