List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC] Backwards compatibility of CVS HEAD
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-27 15:05:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 25 March 2005 12:36, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> Keeping 3.3 compatibility would mean tightening our current policy of being
> compatible with the latest stable library release (which is 3.4). Do we
> really want that? I personally won't develop with 3.3 libs anymore.
Me neither. Does anyone actually intend do so to test the compatibility with
3.3?

> On the other hand I don't see any critical new features from kdelibs 3.4 we
> would really need, so if it makes the life of some developers more easy it
> probably doesn't hurt. Or do I miss any 3.4 libs features we would need?
From my POV, there's one: The fixed KConfigXT, it now deals properly with
inheritance and that would make it possible to remove the _addons.cpp in
KNotes and thus increase maintainability.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience