List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] [UPDATE] libical 0.24
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-26 19:17:47

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 12:18 pm, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 March 2005 03:50 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2005 03:49 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > > Has anyone successfully integrated the newest libical into kdepim/libkcal?
> >
> > Lutz Rogowski ported his KO/Pi to libkcal 0.24. In Osnabrueck he said he
> > intended to provide patches also for kde cvs, but unfortunately it seems he
> > didn't have time yet. There are several bugs fixed in 0.24, so some
> > workarounds in our code might be removed.
> >
> > > Does anyone know if the patches we've made for the current libical KDE were
> > > applied to the libical 0.24?
> >
> > As far as Lutz told me, partially.
> >
> > > Is there any reason to think it would be a good idea to use libical 0.24 in
> > > kdepim, other than general curiousity? (for instance, we know for a fact
> > > that a bunch of bugs have been fixed)
> >
> > Better TZ handling for example ;-)
> >

> I will attempt to integrate the new (circa 2002) libical into kdepim/libkcal/libical-0.24.
> If that works I will commit the new libical and we can use it and see how it goes.
> At some point we'll need to decide if we should remove the old libical, and how
> to deal with local patches that didn't make it into libical-0.24.

So far I have libical-0.24 compiling and installing the "KDE way"  with KDE Makefile.am's .
I tried to build libkcal with the new libical and there are a bunch of changes that are needed
and I have no idea yet how to make them .. there is no transition guide for the new libical API.
Anyone willing to help me with this?? Please?

In the meantime I'd like to commit libical-0.24 to CVS so I don't lose my work.
Should I put it in kdepim/libkcal/libical-0.24??

Disclaimer:  Allen Winter makes no claim to being in iCal expert or the libical "guy".

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE