List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] How to get KDE 3.4
From:       "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-03-25 2:35:32

Hi Dave,
Brief answer below.
Best regards

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:17 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
> I am sorry for having to ask a bit of a dumb question but I can't work out
> how to get KDE 3.4.
>
> I have KDE 3.3. I have followed through the KDE web site and found a whole
> range of appropriate rpm's but every time I download one I get dependency
> problems - ususally for an rpm that gives me another list of dependencies.
>
> Is there just one rpm to start off with - or one that will download all the
> rest?

1. Wrong list. Try kde-linux, and let them know which RPM-based distro you are
using. There are a few and they don't all use the same RPMs (eg. Fedora vs
SuSE).
2. See http://www.kde.org/info/requirements/3.4.php and at the very least make
sure you have installed all of the components which are marked as required.
3. For a source-based approach, try Konstruct
http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/
I have never used Konstruct myself and so cannot advise.