List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Kolab XML format character set not properly used
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2005-03-24 12:44:27

Hi,

I'm using a dIMAP account bound to a Kolab 2 server. Now I've found that I
can use the new introduced fallback character set setting (IIRC Till added
it) to force the usage of a special encoding for messages which don't
specify an encoding. I get some messages per day where I need to adjust it
to iso8859-1, so this functionality stepped in quite handy.

Now I've found that in the tasks (stored in Kolab XML format) all umlauts
aren't decoded properly anymore. If I set the encoding back to the system
setting (it's UTF8 - like specified in the XML) I get the umlauts in the
tasks correctly.

Can someone please comment on that problem? Am I doing something wrong or
should I file a bug report?

Andreas