List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: What todo about todos(QDate) and
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-16 8:40:05

On Sunday 13 March 2005 23:28, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 13 March 2005 02:10 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Sunday 13 March 2005 15:00, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> > > Reinhold and I had discussed writing a new todos method that would
> > > return only To-dos that are "in-progress".. which means that they are
> > > not completed and that the current date is between the start and due
> > > dates, inclusive.
> >
> > Where would such a function be used?
>
> In KOrganizer you might want to search for to-dos that are in progress
> or you might want to print only to-dos that are in progress.
> Reinhold implied that there were outstanding bugs (wishes) that could
> use such a function, but I don't know what those might be.

I tend to do this stuff in the application and not in the library as it seems
to have highly specific requirements, but if there are cases which are useful
to several apps or used by different parts of the apps it would probably make
sense to have them in libkcal.

> > > And which todosWhatever() should incidences(QDate) use?
> >
> > Interesting question. Where is incidences(QDate) used?
>
> I only see it being used in KOListView::showDates().

So the incidences(QDate) function should return all todos relevant for that
date. I guess these should be the same as shown on the given date in the
agenda and month view.