List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] pim.kde.org updated (again)
From:       thorsten () staerk ! de
Date:       2005-03-12 9:35:19

> Hey guys (y'all developer-types),
>
> I've gone through http://pim.kde.org/ once more with a duster; after a
> suggestion from Cornelius the menus are now more consistent. I must say
> porting code from perl to php is .. peculiar.

... but it pays :-) Most important, you must know there is a reference
manual under www.php.net.

> The menu update has cut off the application-specific sites again (think
> kpilot, korganizer, and kaddressbook, which were half-heartedly moving
> from
> external sites into pim.k.o). I'll fix this again if there's enough
> content
> on the application-specific bits.
>
> Anyway, I anticipate writing more developer-oriented things shortly, as we
> make the split
>
> 	pim.kde.org = developer stuff
> 	www.kontact.org = user stuff
>
> as much as possible. Right now we're balanced uneasily between the two
> audiences (users & developers), so having a better focus _should_ make it
> easier to produce text.
>
> I encourage you to take a brief look; if there's something glaring missing
> (either in the text describing your favorite app, or in the organization)
> please let me know. Later I'll be soliciting updates to the various
> application blurbs, but that's .. later.

pim.kde.org: where are the feature plans (developer.kde.org) ?
kontact.kde.org:
s/The components of KDE Kontact are all shaped to work nice with each
other. This results in features like intuitive drag 'n' dropping between
components and appointment handling, task lists and contacts. KDE Kontact
also extends its components with support for various groupware servers.
When using these servers your workgroup will have access to features like
shared email folders, group task lists, calendar sharing, central
addressbooks and meeting scheduling./KDE is an ideal teamplayer: It
supports shared email folders, group task lists and meeting scheduling
within your group/
please make the picture bigger
download: s/KDE Kontact is an application of the K Desktop Environment and
makes heavy use of the frameworks it provides. KDE 3.3 contains KDE
Kontact 1.0 as part of the KDEPIM module. The KDE 3.3 KDEPIM source
package is available here. The KDE PIM package is also backwards
compatible with KDE 3.2./Kontact is part of kdepim (download here).<br>
To run kontact, you need KDE 3.2 or greater:/

Thorsten