List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot 4.4.6 and Tungsten T3
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-15 20:07:58

Bonjour, Pascal! C'est longtemps depuis que vous avez écrit au sujet du
KPilot, non?

On Saturday 15 January 2005 16:36, Pascal Francq wrote:
> I have just buy a Tungsten T3. I have use KPilot 4.4.6 to sync it with my
> Kontact suite. Everything works fine, but I have remarks some little
> "problems":
>  - The information stored in "location" of a KOrganizer entry is not copied
> in the corresponding pilot field.

That's right. All of the 'new' fields in the contacts application (newer than
the OS3.5 devices like the m50x series) are not synced, and cannot be synced
yet because the underlying libraries KPilot is based on don't have support
for that yet. There is a pilot-link 0.12 coming soon, which _does_ have
support for the new contacts fields, so after that is available, support will
slowly work its way into KPilot. It is a matter of finding time or developers
to do so, though.

>  - The categories of the contacts are not sync.

Same - the pilot-link libraries don't give any support for this, since it's
new in OS5. This _won't_ be in 0.12.0, but might show up later.

>  - To an entry in KOrganizer beginning the 29/01/2005 at 13h30 and
> finishing the 05/02/2005 at 21h00 corresponds 7 entries in the pilot, each
> one beginning at 13h30 and finishing at 21h00 which is not exactly the same
> thing.

The Pilot doesn't (didn't?) have appointments that span midnight. So your
appointment is really one from 29/01 13:30 - 29/01 23:59 _and_ 30/01 0:00 -
30/01 23:59 _and_ ... ; so there should be 7 entries, but some should start
of end at midnight. Maybe newer Pilots support longer appointments -- again,
this might show up eventually, manpower and budget willing.

> Are these problems little bugs or if there something I miss?

Little bugs.

> I have seen that there are some applications for palm that enhance the
> features of the basic PIM applications. Are there some of these
> applications compatible with the conduits of KPilot?

I don't know. I doubt it.

--
   KPilot - www.kpilot.org - HotSync Solutions for KDE