List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] QObject::connect: No such slot
From:       Wolfgang Balster <wolfgang.balster () epost ! de>
Date:       2005-01-09 12:52:57

On Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 22:29, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > 11:18:14 [Abgleich knotes-conduit]
>
> This is for syncing the Memo pad. For _this_ conduit, the application
> KNotes must be running (exact opposite of KOrganizer. Confusing. I know.)

1. When knotes runs as part of contact, this does not sync.
2. When knotes runs standalone, it syncs. I then stop knotes as standalone,
start contact and -- here are the notes from the Palm device. So this is my
workaround: Make shure that Contact is not running, start knotes, sync, stop
knotes, run Contact.

> > 11:18:14 [Abgleich sysinfo_conduit]
> > 11:18:15 Fehler beim Öffnen der Ausgabedatei, stattdessen
> > wird /home/wolfgang/KPilotSysInfo.html benutzt.
>
> You have this conduit selected as well, and it is writing system
> information to that file.
works like a charm

> > 11:18:15 [Abgleich abbrowser_conduit]
> > 11:18:16 Adressbuch konnte nicht geöffnet werden.
> > 11:18:16 Der Abgleich abbrowser_conduit konnte nicht durchgeführt werden.
>
> OK, this indicates that the conduit is not configured properly. If it is
> set to "standard addressbook", change it to a specific file. I don't think
> any of the "standard" resources work at all.
I found a solution for my problem. There were a lockfiles in
file:/home/wolfgang/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock from somewhere in the past. I
put them in the wastebasket. Now it syncs even though set to "standard
addressbook". I made the configuration from within Contact, standard
addressbook may mean the adressbook used there (kabc).

> > #3  0xb63380c1 in KABC::AddressBook::clear () from /usr/lib/libkabc.so.1
> > #4  0xb6336e88 in KABC::AddressBook::load () from /usr/lib/libkabc.so.1
>
> Vaguely suggestive of a bug Reinhold mentioned, that the resources are
> continuing on after the conduit kills them, or something. Which versions of
> everything are you running again? I cannot think of a way of messing with
> this crash without getting you running from CVS.

I am contented right now. Everything is running, if I use knotes and Contact
in the right order. This is really no problem left, as far as I can see.

This was really good help in a very short time! I will keep praising free
software in general and Adriaan de Groot in particular.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss

Wolfgang Balster

GPG 0x7FF6F4D4 | FAFD 8741 E703 31AC 5B1F  AA45 B894 E07E 7FF6 F4D4