List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Non-unique UIDs
From:       Jan de Visser <jdevisser () digitalfairway ! com>
Date:       2004-09-26 12:49:41

On September 26, 2004 03:21 am, André Somers wrote:
> So, while the information gathered from this probably won't stand up in
> court, it would in most cases be pretty reliable I think.

Sure it is. But that's not the point. The point is that you can't be sure
'beyond a reasonable doubt', which makes the information as good as useless,
since the only scenarios Reinhold mentioned were (pseudo-) legal ones.

Unless, of course, someone can give me a real-life example of someone's
privacy being compromised and exploited in a non-legal sense because of this.
I can't think of one, however.

JdV!!