List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Fix event viewer
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-08-21 8:58:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 August 2004 16:34, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> I had a bunch of bug reports on the attendee and organizer parts of the
> event viewer. It turned out that this code has probably never worked. For
> example, there were attendee links that said "uidXX" instead of "uid:XX"
> as they had to.

Hehe, yes, plus there are many instances where the view can be improved
considerably.

> So to make all of this work, I ended up more or less rewriting this part
> of the dialog.

Ouch.

> It should be fine for HEAD, but I would like to check this into 3.3 branch
> also so this dialog is fixed in there too.

Ahm, Bo, when was the last time that you updated you CVS? I moved all this
formatting stuff to libkcal (there's now libkcal/incidenceformatter.*, with
the class IncidenceFormatter, which for example returns an HTML version of
the incidence for use in the event viewer, but possibly also by any other
application that wants to display an incidence in rich text).

I don't think the code you were working on actually changed, but at least it
was moved.

The other thing is that your code introduces a dependency in libkdepim, so
libkcal would then depend on libkdepim, which is not desirable... Is there
any way around this dependency (haven't looked at the patch for too long, I'm
in between talks at aKademy).

Cheers,
Reinhold