List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] addons to calendar
From:       Mikhail Kostousov <mikhak () student ! norut ! uio ! no>
Date:       2004-07-30 20:46:01

Hello!

I have just begin to interesed in different PIM realisation, and find
good package kde-pim. I known about it later, but began to use now. And
because, I have some my self PIM-consepions, I would like to introduce
some wishes to kde-pim group (and also I would be happy to get a resposne).

At first, I want to say, that kde-pim is the best PIM program whichever
I have seen. There are very many users of kde-pim which are student at
different schools and univeresitetes. It hopped that many educational
organizations use free Linux, and so KDE, and so KDE-PIM. I can say, at
they try to use the PIM with studies theirs. And so, there is first
problem. For example, a student have a subject at school. He puts it in
the kOrganizer, sets recursiv pattern for occurency of this subject, and
  so he can know where is and when he has this subject. But, subject is
more complisert evenet than a meeting (but meeting has same problems
also). The student has many home works in backgraund of this subject, he
has few tests (in the time of subject and in the backgraund of this
subject). And finaly, he has exam. And all kinds of this events (or
ToDo) are just one subject. I understand, that all these events are some
notation for the main event - subject, but, perhaps, it would be very
good to have in backgraund of an event many others sub ToDo. And so,
with one periodical event, some for example - meeting we can also have a
few questions which we will discuse. But every occurency of one
periodical event we have different questions. So, there is same
situation some with school subjects.
The next, also about periodical event. When we update one occurency of
the event all other is updated automaticaly. But, I think, it will be
better offer chose betwen updating of all events or updating just one.
In the outlook it was did so, but outlook it is so good example.
At next, view of the week... I understand, that it is very good to see
whole week by colums, but, I think, It will be chose also between full
week and short agenda view.
So, I try to do all wishes in the short list:
1) Sub ToDo for events
2) Ability to modify just one occurency of periodical event.
3) Short agenda view.

Thank you to all who have read this letter.
P.S. Execuse me for my not so beautiful English.
Bye!