List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Second Kontact Bug Squashing Day on Sunday, July 25th
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-07-21 19:40:51

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 03:18 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> As we are approaching the first release candidate of Kontact 1.0 we
> would like to reduce the number of Kontact bugs a little more. For this
> purpose we will hold a Kontact Bug Squashing Day again on Sunday, July
> 25th (Sunday as in UTC).
>
> All developers, interested users and generally all people willing to
> help improving the stability of Kontact and reducing the bug count are
> invited to join us on the #kontact IRC channel on irc.kde.org.
>
> Let's squash some bugs together.

I can't make it Sunday, but here are some things I complained about a while back
that I never had a chance to work on... some are bugs some are usability things.
Have fun on Sunday -- Allen

1.  On the Kontact Configure dialog there is a button labeled "Configure..."
     I think that button should have the label "Select Components...".
     I looked in all of kdepim, but can't find where to change the label.
     What file is that button's label set?

2. In the "Select Components" dialog, you'll see Weather and NewsTicker listed.
    Since kweather and newsticker don't have kontact plugins (they only have
    summary plugins) should they be listed in this dialog?

    What needs to be changed in order to remove Weather and NewsTicker
    from the "Select Components" dialog?

3. The order of the individual component configurations and which summaries to use
    and which components to use aren't consistent.  What files control the order
    things are listed for each of the above?

4.  The tree view of the individual components in the Kontact Configure dialog isn't collapsable

5.  In general, I think the Kontact configuration dialog is a mess.

6. Get HotStuff in Korganizer is badly broken

Regards,
Allen