List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: Kmail and MS-Exchange via IMAP
From:       Putz Akos <bug () member ! fsf ! org>
Date:       2004-07-06 18:21:25

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 09.08, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> A disconnected IMAP synchronization makes sure the server and the client
> cache is identical after the sync, so on the first sync it will download
> all your mail to the client cache. On all later synchronizations, only
> changes will be up- and downloaded.

Are the status of the messages synchronised also? I'm testing DIMAP for a
while (1-2 weeks) with two clients (connecting and syncing to the IMAP server
from home and at work), both KMail 1.6.2. The server is cyrus (sorry,
slightly OT in this thread) The messages are synchronised without problems,
but the the status of the messages not.

For example:
- syncing with IMAP server at work,
- reading some mails,
- syncing again,
- closing KMail.

- starting KMail at home,
- syncing with server
- all previously read mails are marked as new.

Is this a bug (should be reported)?

Akos