List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KMail inconsistency
From:       Ingo =?windows-1252?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-23 0:57:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 22 March 2004 09:52, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Samstag, 20. März 2004 19:18 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
>
> Hi Ingo,
>
> > > Basically this would give kmail the menu entries save and open.
> >
> > Save is already there, so all that's missing is Open.
>
> My Version from 4 days ago only has save as not save.

Because Save doesn't make any sense. Save only works if the filename is
known. But for messages the filename (and the save location) can't be
known without asking the user. So how should save work?

> > > How much effort would it be to implement this?
> >
> > Not much. I implemented it yesterday after my first reply to your
> > message.
>
> Cool!
>
> > It's basically working, but still lacks a bit feedback in case
> > of errors.
>
> I expect that the message is presented like with search folder. No
> automatic filtering or so shall happen.

So actually you want a file to be opened as read-only (or even
read-write?) folder? This will require heavy changes.

Regards,
Ingo