List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontact Polishing
From:       Luke Randall <luke.randall () ideaforge ! org>
Date:       2004-03-22 20:10:31

On Monday 22 March 2004 14:42, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> Please don't top-post, as it's confusing and irritating (I couldn't tell
> there _was_ an attached screenie, at first) - and please snip stuff you're
> not responding to.

Sorry about that. I'll try remember that in future... =)

> > Mail: I feel the metaphor should be an email app, rather than KMail
> > specifically, thus I changed the icon to a generic mail icon
>
> Except that it _is_ KMail, specifically, that you'll get, no?

Yes, however I feel the icon should illustrate the *functionality* that the
app provides, not what app it is. That and I think the icon looks better than
the kmail icon. However, that is my personal opinion, I wanted to see what
others thought of that, so feel free to disagree =)

> This is where things get really confusing, I think, for the user who might
> mix kontact with other KDE applications or kontact with the non-contact
> versions of the same apps. For instance, with your changed icons, suppose
> I'm running KNotes standalone with a note opened and then minimized, have
> a kate window also minimized, and now run kontact. The mismatch between
> the icon in kontact and the icons visible in my taskbar is a bad one. In
> other words, this needs a _different_ fix, perhaps a new and nicer icon
> for KNotes, but not the use of another app's icon.

That is a valid point, and you're probably right there. So yeah, that would
require another icon.

However, that still leaves the kaddressbook, korganizer and todo icons. Do you
think those changes would be justified?

Thanks for your input

Regards
Luke