List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontact Polishing
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-22 13:05:00

Hi Eugene,

Please snip quoted text that you're not replying to specifically. In
particular, there's no need to quote the entire message including the
request to Luke to not quote excessively in order to add a comment about
another specific icon.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, enine wrote:

[Luke]
> >> Notes: I felt the knotes icon doesn't look very crystal-like, and doesn't fit
> >> in well with the icons. I think the kate icon looks a lot better, and fits in
> >> with the notes metaphor

[Adriaan]
> >This is where things get really confusing, I think, for the user who might
> >mix kontact with other KDE applications or kontact with the non-contact
> >versions of the same apps. For instance ... The mismatch between
> >the icon in kontact and the icons visible in my taskbar is a bad one.

[Eugene]
> Since were on the subject of changing icons, how about changing KNode as
> well.  IMHO a newspaper does not associate with an NNTP reader even
> though they are "net news" they are not really news in the sense of
> newspaper news, I think a newspaper icon better fits something like
> knewsticker.

Are you suggesting to change KNewsTicker's icon to the newspaper? Or just
that KNode's icon isn't very representative? Don't forget that the most
important thing about an icon is that it is _identifiable_ (and possibly
intuitively represents what the file/application/object is/does), so going
around changing icons on existing apps is something that should not be
done lightly.

Use a different icon theme if you will, assuming any of the
non-crystal/fallback hicolor ones are complete.