List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Horizontal scrolling?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-28 5:48:48

On Friday 27 February 2004 20:28, enine wrote:
> Would it be possible to have horizontal scrollbars in the week, 5
> day, 3day, day views?  I'm not personally liking the backward/forward
> buttons up in the toolbar, would much like to be able to scroll left
> and right a day at a time within the week or 5 day views?  Thought
> I'd check into doability before submiting a feature request.

In my opinion a horizontal scrollbar doesn't make sense in the agenda
view. A scroll bar is about scrolling a part of a bigger view which
doesn't fit in the visible region, but which has a fixed range. What
would be the range for the agenda view? A week, a month, a year, a
century?

If you don't like the back/forward buttons it might be a good idea to
add an alternative navigation widget. Code-wise that's easy, the
KOrganizer design takes provisions for that. A possible widget would be
a horizontal wheel like on a radio for selecting the frequency. The qwt
library (which is based on qt) has a cool implementation of that which
even features gravity. The faster you move the wheel, the longer it
keeps moving when you release the mouse button.

Would somebody be interested in trying if this actually works and makes
sense? Might be a very cool feature. Maybe a janitor job?