List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] LDAP Offline use
From:       Szombathelyi "György" <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-02-23 18:48:47

Monday 23 February 2004 16:56 dátummal Tobias Koenig ezt írta:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:22:50AM +0100, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> > Hello!
>
> Hi György,
>
> > I'm currently developing (read-only) offline support for the ldapkio
> > resource. It's in a working shape now, but I have only one problem:
> > where to store the offline content?
>
> Shall this content be available over several sessions or only for a
> single?
>
> If only for a single I'd prefer /tmp/$USER-kde/ because storing it in
> the ~/.kde directory sucks when you want to make a backup.

I decided to use KStandardDirs->saveLocation("cache", "ldapkio"), like http.
On my system it's /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/ldapkio. Any problems with this?

> > 1. It needs a place in ~/.kde - solution: use KStandardDirs
> > 2. It should be unique per configured resources.
>
> Depends on the storage format. Will you keep the ldif files from
> previous requests in a cache? In this case you should store a file pro
> server, so different resources which uses the same server don't have to
> duplicate the data.

It's one file per resource, now using Resource::type() + "_" +
Resource::identifier() as the file name. I think it's not worth sharing
offline data between resources, because it should be not common using
different resources for the same data.

> > 3. It should be deleted if a resource is deleted.
>
> This is quite difficult. When two resources use the same data, then it
> shouldn't... but I guess that's difficult to find out.
> Or maybe storing a ref counter inside the ldif file (or in a separated
> meta data file)?
The problem is that no one notified about the resource deletion (or is there
anything for this?)

> Ciao,
> Tobias
Bye,