List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Korganizer Anniversary import?
From:       Eugene Nine <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-02-11 19:47:06

On Thursday 12 February 2004 12:21 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 06:13:25PM +0000, Eugene Nine wrote:
> Hi Eugene,
>
> > Ahh, back home in Kmail much better.
>
> ;)
>
> > My plan was to check the spouse field in each record of the address file.
> >  In my record I have my wife's name as a spouse and in my wife's record I
> > have my name listed as a spouse.  I figured I would check either against
> > the rest of the address book for spouse listings and eliminate them that
> > way.  I think to a user filling in the spouse field would be more
> > intuitive than remembering to leave one anniversary field blank and if
> > one anniversary field is left blank it won't get a duplicate anyway.
>
> That's indeed a good idea... what do you think about the attached patch?
>
> :)
> :
Sweet, that works.  I get one anniversary.  I guess I could nitpick and say we
should take the first name of each duplicate and add together to say x and
y's anniversary or the last_name's anniversary :)

> > I wanted to see if anyone thinks it would be worth it for file a wish for
> > kaddressbook to use a kmail type lookup for the spouse, manager and
> > assistant fields.  Basically make the labels for those fields buttons
> > which bring up address selection just like the ... button in kmail and
> > also make the autocomplete work the same way when typing a name in the
> > field.  This way (to use my wife as an example) I won't get a duplicate
> > if I type Shirley Grey-Nine in the spouse field but her vcard record has
> > her as Shirley A. Grey-Nine.
>
> Very good idea, I've added it to my TODO list.

You needed more to do right :)

> > > Hmm, because the resourcekabc is the birthday plugin? ;)
> >
> > I thought the birthday plugin code was in birthday.cpp
> > under /korganizer/plugins/birthdays :)
>
> This plugin is obsolete because the birthdays are imported once and
> won't get updated when you change the contacts. With the resource they
> get updated whenever you change a contact in kaddressbook.

Oh I see now, I thought the plugin created the resource, didn't realize the
were not related.

> Ciao,
> Tobias

Eugene