List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KMail + Kopete + KABC integration patch(s)
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2004-01-23 4:43:33

I have created patches for KMail and Kopete that allows them to integrate via KABC, \
so you can see the person's online status and / or photo in your message header. I \
shamelessly ripped this idea off of http://www.gnome.org/bounties/IM.php3#127549

Basically, when you look at a message, it looks up the sender's address in KABC. If \
there, it queries Kopete to see if the status can be determined for that user ( \
Kopete can contacts to KABC now ).

I had also hoped to be able to click on the user and message them via IM, but I was \
running into trouble using the kopete: protocol slave I wrote inside of KMail. I \
don't know KMail very well.. doe sit have restrictions on the protocols allowed to \
link within the message HTML?

Anyways, the code is of course not 100%... I don't have any prefs in there to turn \
the checking for status or photo on or off. The background color of the online status \
area is also hardcoded to Infobackground. Right now the information only shows in the \
fancy header format.

My aim was to perhaps give the KHTML people a starting point for integration ideas, \
hopefully someone in KMail can take the KMail side of the code further. As for the \
Kopete side, the patch is a simple addition of a DCOP accessor to query a \
metaContact's status based on his KABC id.

Screenshots and the patches can be found at:

http://www.keirstead.org/kopete_kmail/

They were too large for the ML.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1