List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libical (Was: Re: Korganizer and timezones (again))
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-12-01 1:15:05

On Friday 28 November 2003 4:55 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 09:53, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > On Friday 28 November 2003 09:12, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > After 3.2 we will switch to a newer libical version which is supposed
> > > to have more complete timezone handling.
> >
> > Is libical nearing a point where we could use the system version? AFAIK,
> > all distros now has it, so I guess the real question is if they are still
> > changing the API in BIC ways?
>
> They haven't released anything for ages. It's even not sure, that the
> library is maintained at all. The original author doesn't maintain it
> anymore. There is a successor, but there is not much activity as far as I
> can see.

FWIW, I was poking around the archives of the vcal mailing list tonight and
came across this post:

<quote>
From: Sebastian Rittau
[...]
I'm currently implementing a new library with vCard and iCalendar support that
will get used by GNOME-PIM and possibly by Evolution.
</quote>

ref: http://www.imc.org/imc-vcalendar/mail-archive/msg00190.html

Regards,

Mark