List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdepim/kontact/src
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-03 1:49:55

On Saturday 01 November 2003 21:05, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Sunday 26 October 2003 18:46, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > CVS commit by danimo:
> >
> > Bump Version for Beta1. Suggested roadmap:
> >
> > 0.7.x => pre 3.2
> > 0.8.0 => 3.2
> > 0.9.x => post 3.2 devel
> > 1.0 => full featured "Groupware" release some months after 3.2
>
> In my opinion it would be much better to make the KDE 3.2 release
> Kontact 1.0. It's stable, it works great. There is no reason to be
> shy about it. That we still not have implemented all possible
> features is a good reason to release a Kontact 1.1, 2.0 or
> whatever, but no reason to not call the upcoming release 1.0.

I agree that Kontact is stable and works, but Cornelius you don't
think that it might be a nice idea to save the 1.0 release of Kontact
for the separate Groupware release? For me a 1.0 release indicates
having implemented all planned features, the groupware stuff being
missing makes me feel that we're not quite there yet.

I don't have strong feelings about this but I wouldn't object to
seeing a 1.0 Kontact and 2.0 KMail released together, post 3.2.

BTW: I remember an agreement that version numbers < 1.0 would be
reserved for the Kontact releases that I'm the release guy for but I
definitely won't need anything over 0.3. (But Daniel I would have
appreciated some prior consultion on this).

Don.