List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Vtech Helio Support
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-09-11 10:05:24

Hi Nino,

better place for this kind of question. More people may see your message,
etc. In particular, Dan hasn't been involved with KPilot development for some
time now -- I don't even know if he still has a Pilot.

On Thursday 11 September 2003 00:57, you wrote:
>  I just sold my Clie for a Helio and love the helio in comparison but
> there is no KPilot support which is bumming me out.  The issue at hand

KPilot is for Pilots. That's That means devices running Palm OS (tm) versions
3 (Visors, Palm III, V), 4 (Clie, m50x), or 5 (Clie). There is no intention
to support other devices at all.

> is that the Vtech OS is completely open-source and available.  They are
> currently working on a linux OS for it but shouldn't it be relatively
> easy to get the Vtech to sync with KPilot since everything is available
> in terms of software.  I am no coder but if I can help I would love to.

There's a different application, KitchenSync, which intends to support
everything under the sun as best it can, with a nifty system of plugins. In
fact, eventually KPilot should become a set of plugins for KS instead, and
vanish from the picture (but that's going to take quite some time, I think).
As for supporting the Helio, gosh, I've never heard of it. Basically you're
going to need a coder who actually _has_ one of these devices and wants to
sync it in order to get anywhere.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE