List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libkcal and KArm
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-09-11 7:45:02

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 15:04, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> In order for 3.2 KArm to work properly, the infiinite loop when deleting and
> todo / event must be fixed.  I am willing to help, but I'm not sure how to
> fix it.  The best solution I could come up with was to decouple things and
> have an ical object signal that it was being deleted and have all interested
> parties react accordingly (I'm assuming signals and slots would work for
> this).
>
> The other major libkcal issue is data loss when a user opens the same ics file
> with KOrganizer and KArm.  File locking would be the simplest solution.
> Allowing multiple apps to open the same ics file at the same time is more
> user friendly.  The first solution is in the 3.2 feature plan and IIRC so is
> the second.
>
> Please keep me posted when either/both of these libkcal features are put into
> place so I can update KArm to use them.

What's up with KArm? Since I updated kdepim, karm starts up completely
empty - it forgot all my tasks etc.
But it's all still there in the files, /home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/karm/karmdata.ics
has VCALENDAR and VEVENTs in it, and karm.ics has hmm only this:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 3.1//EN
VERSION:2.0
END:VCALENDAR

The debug output is
7427 karm: KarmStorage::load - old = "", new = "/home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/karm/karm.ics"
7427 karm: KarmStorage::load: handle = -1
7427 karm: KarmStorage::load - loading /home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/karm/karm.ics
7427 karm: KarmStorage::load - just after calendar loaded, todoList.count() = 0
7427 karm: KarmStorage::load - loaded 0 tasks from /home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/karm/karm.ics

But even if I change the settings so that karm knows about karmdata.ics, no change.
I also tried copying karmdata.ics over karm.ics (why are there two?),
no change either. I think something's very broken in the loading code.

PS: on startup karm says
QObject::connect: No such signal Preferences::timeLogging(bool)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'karm-mainwindow#1')

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer