List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: LDAP lookups in KMail address lines
From:       Darrell Esau <Darrell.Esau () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2003-09-11 1:03:32

Hi Tobias,

This seems rather odd.  What version of KAddressBook does this apply for?

I've done both configurations, the only way I can get LDAP entries into the
AddressLineEdit is via the synchronous method (via an LDAP resource).

If I try the other method (Adding an LDAP server to KAddressBook), I don't get
anything from LDAP in the AddressLineEdit.

I can, however, go to the address book, press the "Lookup addresses in
directory" button, do the search, click on the desired name and press "Mail
to Selected" -- this works ok, but it's a rather long way around.

This is with KAddressBook 3.1 from KDE3.1.3.

Which version supports the asynchronous lookup from the AddressLineEdit?

Thanks,