List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] more on the karm/korganizer integration
From:       tomas pospisek <tpo2 () sourcepole ! ch>
Date:       2003-08-22 10:26:51

While Mark was furiously hacking at karm with his sore back I wasn't idle
and instead was visiting Prague and ... doing a little bit of hacking too.

The result is:

* A KListView subclass that has a context menu that pops up
  when clicking the RMB inside the header and presents you all the columns
  which you can hide or show.

  I did this because I want to have all the nice korganizer-todo
  properties inside karm (and vice-versa), but I also want people to be
  able to configure what todo properties they see so that it won't clobber
  their screen.

* A new subclass of QListViewItem that integrates a QCheckListItem
  with Karm's running clock.

  I did this because the Karm fraction loves being able to double click on
  a task and having the task start/stop running and the Konqueror fraction
  loves being able to double click a todo and be able to edit its
  properties and click the checkbox and be done with a task.

  The idea is here again to eventually integrate korganizer and karm.

  So I've integrated the checkbox with the clock:

  * if you single click the clock/checkbox you check the checkbox
  * if you double click the clock/checkbox you start/stop a task
  * if you double click the tastk you edit the task properties

  You can find an illustrated example here:

  http://sourcepole.ch/tpo/ktimerchecklistitem.png

  Please speak up if you think this is a really bad idea. Otherwise I'd
  like to proceed and commit this to CVS so people can play with it. The
  next step would be merging of korganizer's todo list classes with karms
  and moving them to llibkdepim (and of course integrating Mark's huge
  patch)

*t

--
Jedes gesellschaftliche System, das Amerikas Zivilisationsinteresse der
zumindest mittelbaren Kontrolle des schwarzen Goldes gefährdet, muss