List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] GNUTLS status
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-31 18:26:35

On Thursday 31 July 2003 06:35, Martin Konold wrote:
> > > This policy of mixing GPL and LGPL looks dangerous to me.
> >
> > Nothing looking "dangerous" to me here.
>
> Well, if we want to include the stuff in kdelibs than it definetly becomes
> an issue.

   This is very premature conversation.  gnutls is not nearly functional
enough to replace openssl, and even if it were, someone would have to do it
and do it without breaking BC.  Since pre-KDE-2.0 I have been maintainer and
basically only developer of KDE SSL and certificate services.  I have no
intention of changing things any time soon.  It was far too much work to get
it where it is, it works, and the resources are much better spent elsewhere.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/