List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Own CA and kgpgcertmanager
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-25 17:54:24

On Friday 25 July 2003 09:37, Uri Shohet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about kmail + kssl-smime plugin + kgpgcertmanager.
> If this is not the right list - please tell me where to post this message.
>
> I've setup my own CA (Certificate Authority) for internal use in our
> company. I've created CA Root Certificate and imported it into
> KControl-Security- Crypto.
> Then I've created two certificates for use with e-mails and exported them
> into PKCS12 format and then imported the result UriShohet.p12 file into
> KControl- Security-Crypto. My boss imported the other .p12 file into her MS
> Outlook.

  The Aegypten plugin doesn't support the KDE certificate database.  Wonderful
isn't it? :)

> I've compiled kdenonbeta/kssl-smime and configured my KMail to use it. I
> can send signed and encrypted e-mails to my boss.

   That's good to hear!

> The problem:
> ------------
> After I got a signed e-mail from my boss I clicked on her key and
> KGpgCertManager opened. After I double-clicked on the certificate, in
> 'Additional Information for Key' box there is a button 'Import to Local',
> but it's *disabled*, and in the Path tab it says in the first line 'Root
> certificate not found (/CN=IL/ST=N/A/L=Jerusalem/....)'
>
> Why doesn't it find the Root certificate? How can I import other's keys
> into Local store?

   KGPGCertManager does not use the KDE standard X.509 and SSL functionality.
Sorry, it's unsupported.  It would be nice if someone could change KMail to
use KDE's functionality.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/