List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Own CA and kgpgcertmanager
From:       Uri Shohet <Uri.Shohet () ams-sys ! com>
Date:       2003-07-25 13:37:04

Hello,

I have a question about kmail + kssl-smime plugin + kgpgcertmanager.
If this is not the right list - please tell me where to post this message.

I've setup my own CA (Certificate Authority) for internal use in our company.
I've created CA Root Certificate and imported it into KControl-Security-
Crypto.
Then I've created two certificates for use with e-mails and exported them into
PKCS12 format and then imported the result UriShohet.p12 file into KControl-
Security-Crypto. My boss imported the other .p12 file into her MS Outlook.

I've compiled kdenonbeta/kssl-smime and configured my KMail to use it. I can
send signed and encrypted e-mails to my boss.

The problem:
------------
After I got a signed e-mail from my boss I clicked on her key and
KGpgCertManager opened. After I double-clicked on the certificate, in
'Additional Information for Key' box there is a button 'Import to Local', but
it's *disabled*, and in the Path tab it says in the first line 'Root
certificate not found (/CN=IL/ST=N/A/L=Jerusalem/....)'

Why doesn't it find the Root certificate? How can I import other's keys into
Local store?

Please help

Thanks in advance,
Uri

--
Uri Shohet <mailto:Uri.Shohet@ams-sys.com>
AMS Advanced Maintenance Systems Ltd.

Tel.        : +972-2-541-7449	Cell        : +972-54-259-850
Fax.        : +972-2-581-4448	US Toll-Free:  1-866-389-2001