List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RE: [Kde-pim] MSExchange and WebDav
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-06-04 13:47:33

> I found a message on this list from April that indicated that
> I could enter the following URL in Konqueror to access Exchange via WebDav:
>
> webdav://exchange-uid@exchange-server-name/exchange/your-mail-folder

The first step should be to check that your outlook web access is working.
Using _any_ browser, Netscape, Konqueror, Mozilla{-Firebird}, or
Internet Explorer, type the url
	http://exchange-server-name/exchange
then log in using your username and password.

If this doesn't work, then your exchange server doesn't support webdav
either and you can give up.

If it works, check the URL that the "Inbox" icon links to (right-click,
choose "copy link location", paste the URL in a text editor).
It looks like the previous URL, but with something added. In my case,
	http://mail.company.com/j.p.vanbest/Inbox/?Cmd=contents&Page=1
or
	http://mail.company.com/exchange/j.p.vanbest/Inbox/?Cmd=contents&Page=1

The part up to, but not including "/Inbox/?Cmd=..." is your mailbox URL.

In _korganizer_, not konqueror, activate the Exchange plugin and enter
its setup dialog. Fill in your exchange server, user name, password
and mailbox url, but replace "http://" with "webdav://".

You might need to include your domain in the user name, but I'm not sure
you need it. Try without first, then try "DOMAIN/USER", "DOMAIN\USER",
"USER/DOMAIN" etc.

BTW, if you use the newest KDE, version KDE 3.1.2, the mailbox url
detection will work much better, so you won't need to go all this
trouble to find the URL. Which KDE version do you use?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal
'